Use the Create module to present your photos via photo products and more. The first seven project types (Photo Book, Calendar, Canvas Print, Postcard, Collage, Print Photos, and Contact Sheets) are used for preparing printing jobs. The last type, Video, is used for creating and cutting videos in the mp4 format. Before creating a photo product, we recommend that you visit the folder with its intended source photos in the Manager.
Choosing a project type shows a submenu with a Create New Project item, as well as items for any projects in progress that you may have. Use the icons to the right of a project in progress to duplicate, rename, or delete that project if needed. Every project in progress has a time stamp informing of the time and date of its creation and last changes. This information is shown when you run the mouse over the name of a project in progress. Commands for creating, renaming, and duplicating projects are also available in each project’s header, to the right of New Project.
The multi-page project types (Photo Book, Calendar, Print Photos, and Contact Sheets) have two display modes: Pages and Preview. To switch between these modes, use the buttons in the top bar next to the zoom-level slider and the buttons for Normal Size and Zoom to Fit.
In Preview mode, you can change the position, size, and rotation of a photo that you’ve placed. Clicking a picture shows a small control panel with buttons for switching between Change Crop and Replace Photo modes. There are also options here for rotating the picture, restoring default settings, and deleting the picture. The control panel’s header shows the name of the file. If the header shows the warning message Check your photos’ resolution, then it will also be color-coded and show details on this warning when you hover the mouse over it. If it is in orange, then the DPI has dropped below 300, and if it is in red, then the DPI has dropped below 150 (or 200 for calendars). In both of these cases, printing is still possible, but high-quality printing cannot be guaranteed.
Use the arrows to move among pictures that have these quality warnings.
The right panel shows the name of the type of print job at the top. Below this are controls for choosing its basic format. For projects of types where it’s possible to order photo products (Photo Books, Calendars, Canvas Prints and Print Photos), price information and an option for choosing the number of copies are shown under the choice of basic format.
After this is a toolbar with these buttons:
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) lets you go one step back.
- Redo (Ctrl+Z) lets you move one step forward.
- The text Changes to the project are saved automatically is there to let you know that any changes you make to projects under the name in question are saved automatically; you do not need to do anything. The list of saved projects is on the main page of the Create module under individual projects.
- Print prints to a connected printer.
- Export saves every page as an individual bitmap image. It is up to the user to set the target folders, names and counter for these picture files. Set image sizes either via DPI or by setting specific dimensions directly.
- Export to PDF creates a standard PDF file. Various text information about a file such as its name, subject, author, and keywords can be entered in the export window. The option for automatically opening the PDF file in a browser is on by default.
- Order the production of photo products. For this variant, print data is sent to the company that prints and makes the products. A shipping and invoicing address need to be filled in and payment need to be made during this process. The payment is made in a browser window. After the product is produced, it is sent to the shipping address. A working internet connection is needed in order to complete the order.
The toolbar with buttons for work with pictures and text:
- – adds the selected pictures from the Filmstrip to the current page of the project.
- – adds all of the pictures in the folders to the project template.
- – removes all of the pictures from the project template.
- – inserts a text frame into a project page. Only available for Photo Book, Calendar, Canvas Print, Postcard, and Collage.
- – inserts a picture into a project page. Only available for Photo Book, Calendar, Canvas Print, Postcard, and Collage.