Turn on this feature for easier work with multi-page documents such as PDF or TIFF files. It is turned off by default; to turn it on, go to Preferences | Other and turn on the option named Show multi-page document (TIFF, PDF) functions in the Manager.
Once this feature is active, go to the top-left main manu and use Organize | Multi-page Documents to access the following options:
- Unfold into Pages… – unfolds a multi-page TIFF or PDF file into individual pages. You can configure these pages’ layout and set the file format, the JPG compression quality, and (for PDFs) the DPI.
- Generate First-page Preview… – this function is available for both TIFFs and PDFs, and it exports a preview of the file’s first page to a new, separate file. Use the export format settings here to choose JPG or PNG format, set the length of the preview’s longer side, and set the JPG compression level.
- Fold into PDF… – this feature is only accessible when two or more files are selected. It turns multiple files into one PDF. Use its controls to configure the settings of the generated PDF: the name, subject, author, keywords, document format, and bitmap quality (DPI).
- Fold into TIFF… – this feature is only accessible when two or more files are selected. It turns multiple files into one TIFF.
- Convert TIFF to PDF… – converts a selected TIFF file to PDF format. Use the Set PDF Export Parameters window to set the PDF’s name, author, subject, keywords, and more, as well as the JPG quality, the document’s dimensions, and the bitmap quality (DPI). If you turn on the Open automatically after export option, the generated PDF file will automatically be opened up in your default PDF file viewer.
- Convert PDF to TIFF… – converts a selected PDF file to TIFF format.
The features for work with multi-page documents are also available in files’ right-click menus in the Manager.
When you are working with PDF files and you use the features for work with multi-page documents for the first time, you will be asked to install Ghostscript. More specifically, the program will display a window alerting you to the need to install it. Click the Ghostscript link in this window to automatically open the Ghostscript website in a new browser window. Depending on your operating system, choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Ghostscript (Ghostscript AGPL Release), download the installer onto your hard disk, and install it. Zoner Photo Studio needs to be restarted after you install Ghostscript. Once it has been successfully installed, thumbnails for PDF files will be visible in the Manager, and the features for work with PDF files will be available, with no further installations or configuration needed.